[Lazarus] Carbon key mapping

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 01:51:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> No, that would not be OS X like.
>
> (Personally I agree: jump to eol is more common than eof, so eol
> should get the shorter shortcut)

Ummm ... yes, it would not be what OS X proposes that we do, but the
Mac guidelines are not meant to be a rigid constrainment, we should
analise that in some cases their proposal is not the best solution for
us, like OpenOffice did. They do use Apple+C for copy, but use END to
go to the end of the line.

Now I see that Apple+arrows does this, but it annoys me that the key
combinations are so different from what I am used in Windows. Using
the Windows style doesn't help, because then I need to use Ctrl
instead of Apple for copy+paste, which is a annoying when all programs
use Apple.

> Pressing 'a' works here.

Now it works here too. It seams to give problems only sometimes, still
haven't found a reliable way to reproduce ...

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho