[Lazarus] Any chance of changing the LCL Unicode encoding to UTF-16?

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Sat Aug 2 18:34:29 CEST 2008

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:51:48 -0300
"Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho" <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Mattias Gaertner
> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> > No, that would not be OS X like.
> >
> > (Personally I agree: jump to eol is more common than eof, so eol
> > should get the shorter shortcut)

I forgot: There is Cmd+Left/Right, so jumping to eol and eof have both
2 key shortcuts.

> Ummm ... yes, it would not be what OS X proposes that we do, but the
> Mac guidelines are not meant to be a rigid constrainment, we should
> analise that in some cases their proposal is not the best solution for
> us, like OpenOffice did. They do use Apple+C for copy, but use END to
> go to the end of the line.

Of course not rigid. But the more commonly used the more rigid.
Yes, it is hard for windows/linux users. But it is the same for
apple users and windows shortcuts.

> Now I see that Apple+arrows does this, but it annoys me that the key
> combinations are so different from what I am used in Windows. Using
> the Windows style doesn't help, because then I need to use Ctrl
> instead of Apple for copy+paste, which is a annoying when all programs
> use Apple.
>
> > Pressing 'a' works here.
>
> Now it works here too. It seams to give problems only sometimes, still
> haven't found a reliable way to reproduce ...

OS X knows some keyboard modes. Maybe you activated it somehow (Ctrl
keys).

Mattias