[Lazarus] lazarus 0.9.24 not working

Dians diansopandi95 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 07:42:27 CEST 2008

Why not use a flag to state the application encoding?
then by using utf-8 to utf-16 conversion routines Lazarus could in
theory use both
UTF-8 is now one of the most common encoding standards for Non-English
websites, it is generally more efficient on bandwidth

Delphi compatibility is a valid point but from what I have loaded on
both systems it is clear that Lazarus is not compatible with Delphi
The designers have done a great job but the cross platform & wider
language support enjoyed by Lazarus comes at a price

Lazarus is far better in several respects

   1. Better cross platform graphic support
   2. Wider range of processors
   3. Wider range of operating systems
   4. Fully open source, we can modify the compiler & IDE to improve it
      much more than is possible with Delphi

Down sides

   1. Delphi has better help system
   2. Delphi supports packages
   3. Delphi has more components & packages available