[Lazarus] Any chance of changing the LCL Unicode encoding to UTF-16?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 16:56:00 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:

> Again, currently the official state is *WAIT*. These are major decisions and
> shouldn't be made rash or with a lack of information.

Thanks for that information Marco.  That is currently what we decided
for fpGUI. We are going to continue using UTF-8 for now and simply
wait and see what happens after the Tiburon release.  I will
definitely be joining in the FPC-devel conversations when the new
string encoding discussions start.  :-)

Regards,
 - Graeme -