[Lazarus] Debugging tips, please?

Jon Foster jon-lists at jfpossibilities.com
Tue Aug 5 04:08:11 CEST 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 06:35:53 +1000
"Peter Williams" <pewtas at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...]
> Here is the problem. This code was actually written by one of the
> Borland Delphi 'Teams' at the Borland Delphi programming newsgroups --
> many years ago. { I don't recall whether it was 'Team A' or 'Team B' }
> I mention this in explanation that I don't really understand fully how
> the code works. It worked fine under Borland Delphi 7 Select Edition.
>
> The TTabFrame form does *NOT* exist in the folder... it is created
> /programmatically/ !!! So... I don''t have a dfm/res unit for it.
>
> I have attached "PageDlgUnit1.pas" -- which is the Delphi 7 Select
> Edition pascal file which defines the TTabFrame forms and creates and
> frees them. (It's a 4KB file!)

I guess the TTabFrame is defined in the unit FrameUnit?
Can you send me the code of this unit?

Notes:
- Each TFrame descendant must have a resource stream, otherwise a
EResNotFound exception is raised. This is Delphi compatible.

- Frames are an experimental feature in lazarus. They will be enabled
in 0.9.27. See here for more details:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Development#Frames

>[...]

Mattias