[Lazarus] Current version?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 16:20:27 CEST 2008

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 13:12:15 +0000
> Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Over the last couple of years I've been tinkering with Lazarus on
>> i386 (Windows and Linux) and SPARC (Linux), I'm mostly using 0.9.24
>> on FPC 2.2.0. I'm currently trying to get it running on ARM (Linux,
>> little-endian).
>>
>> What is the current preferred version for non-core users, in terms of
>> being reasonably stable but with problems being of interest to the
>> core developers?
>
> The 0.9.24 is the most stable.
> Then comes 0.9.25 with revision 15471.
> The current 0.9.25 has currently some image problems, otherwise it is
> the best of all lazarus.

Mattias, Joost: many thanks. I might be safest sticking with 0.9.24 +
2.2.0 for the moment since the Windows development machine is NT and
I've previously seen problems.

I'll have another shot at building for ARM and raise any issues in a
separate thread.

Later I'll try moving to something newer than 2.2.0 on all platforms and
then 0.9.25 or later. One of the things I'm still trying to find time to
look at is problems when a project is moved between x86 and SPARC which
might be related to endianness.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk