[Lazarus] calling basicEventCreate in Linux

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Sat Aug 9 01:35:03 CEST 2008

     Hi Inoussa,

Thank you!
The problem is that the components are multithreading, and as soon as I drop
the component on the form in Linux it crashes Lazarus. The components have
thousands of thread locks in them. The Lazarus in this case is the
application. I apparently will have to add this to the component packages
somehow. Obviously any application that includes the components will have to
use the "cthreads" in this case. The components are for real time video
audio and signal processing, and they have to be multithreading in order to
process the streams without interfering with the GUI.
This is a large set of over 200 components I am porting from Delphi to
support Lazarus. So far they work fairly well in Lazarus under Windows, but
I am having the TEvent problem in Linux.
What is the best approach? I can write my own TEvent if it is needed, but I
hope there is a better approach.

  With best regards,
    Boian Mitov

Mitov Software