[Lazarus] Carbon key mapping

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Aug 10 14:39:59 CEST 2008

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:34:48 +0100
Dominique Louis <dominique at savagesoftware.com.au> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > This works here too.
>
> Hi Mattias,
>    There is something definitately wrong because ever since your
> change and the need to switch to "Mac OS X " short-cut scheme, the
> commands do NOT work.

:(
I tested various keyboard layouts and Cmd+C always worked.
I will try to test on other macs.

> I even did a completely clean svn update, so
> there can not be any conflicts at all now.
>

> > Can you try to compile the carbon interface with -dVerboseKeyboard
> > (build clean), then compile the rest of the IDE, start IDE and
> > press Cmd+C in IDE.
>
> I did this and no Cmd key combinations work, neither does the Enter
> or Backspace key, but all other letters and numbers work fine.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant:
Start the IDE in the terminal and see the output. Every key press
should generate quite a lot when you compiled with -dVerboseKeyboard.
Please try svn revision 16015.
If you don't get a lot of output, then you started an old IDE or you
have not compiled the LCL clean.

> Where does Lazarus store it's settings on Mac OS X. It can't be in
> /usr/local/share/lazarus, because I deleted everything before doing
> the last svn update and my IDE settings still persisted. I think that
> may be the only way for me to get the IDE working in it's most basic
> form.

~/.lazarus

The ~ stands for your home directory. /Users/username

You can load the key mapping in editor options / key mapping /
choose scheme / Mac OS.

Mattias