[Lazarus] Codepage question

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Aug 15 13:04:44 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 5:00 AM, Gustavo Enrique Jimenez <
gejimenez at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a nightmare ! I prefer the unix way, 50 years using /usr/bin,
> /home, /etc, etc.

I cannot second this... 50 years of using cryptic names is now a legacy, but
it's not a good one.  I blogged about this exactly about 4 weeks ago (
http://reenenlaurie.blogspot.com/2008/08/what-linux-must-change.html) but,
things are the way they are, and I guess it won't change.

OT: by the way, Lazarus is great, FreePascal is great. Congratulations
> to all of you, developers and contributors! Suddenly, I am a
> Unix/MAC/FreeBSD/Windows/hi-tech-shoe developer, just using ONE SINGLE
> compiler/RAD, developing console apps, desktop apps, web apps (ajax
> apps!), daemons, etc., etc., etc.... Thanks !!

I second this!!! :-)  Although I am not much of a great developer for all of
those things, but I can be.  :-)  I am very eagerly awaiting 0.9.26!