[Lazarus] Is this a new microsoft approach?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 10:03:34 CEST 2008

2008/8/15 Reenen Laurie <rlaurie at gmail.com>:
> I cannot second this... 50 years of using cryptic names is now a legacy, but
> it's not a good one.  I blogged about this exactly about 4 weeks ago
> (http://reenenlaurie.blogspot.com/2008/08/what-linux-must-change.html) but,
> things are the way they are, and I guess it won't change.

I replied before reading you blog. :-( Clearly you have a limited
understanding of unix type OS's. [not meant in a rude way]

As Marco point out. From a command line window, please type:   man hier

This will explain in part, the file system hierarchy. Also remember
that unix type OS's are designed from the ground up to be multi-user
systems. Remotely connect to it, or remotely use parts of it. So
certain file system parts (directories) of a company's Unix Box
(server) could be shared amongst it's employees workstations (as if
it's part of there local hard drives).

Anyway, there are many other really cool stuff the unix type OS's can
do, which might confuse a newbie, but this is where the 50+ years of
unix evolution comes to play. It's quite fascinating to research. If
you have the time, please do so—it's an eye opener. You will
appreciate the power of unix so much more!

Regards,
 - Graeme -