[Lazarus] How to add your own 'New Project' template?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:08:46 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 4:16 PM, Mattias Gärtner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> See components/projecttemplates/README.txt

Hi Mattias,

I'm playing a bit more with the project templates.  How is the
project.ini file supposed to look like.  I read the readme file and
created it as best, but Recurse doesn't work and neither does Exclude.

Here is my project.ini file

-------------------[ project.ini ]-----------------------
[Project]
Name=fpGUI Application (single file)
Author=Graeme Geldenhuys
Description=A simple single file GUI project.
Recurse=1
Exclude=.txt,.lps
----------------------[  end  ]----------------------

My project template directory contains a subdirecty, but no files (it
will be the unit output directory).  I then thought maybe any
subdirectories must contain files, so I created a blank
"placeholder.txt" file, but still my subdirectory is not copied.

Also did I get the Exclude correct?  The readme file is very vague on
the format.
eg:
  *.txt,*.lps
or
  .txt,.lps
or
  txt,lps

Mayby the "components/templateproject" should contain a sample
directory or zip file showing a template of the template project. :-)

Regards,
 - Graeme -