[Lazarus] Okay... I've got Lazarus 0.9.25 but now it doesn't find it's own units.

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 06:22:08 CEST 2008

G'day Reenen, Mattias and All Lazarus Fans,

2008/8/12 Reenen Laurie <rlaurie at gmail.com>

>> btw --- I used Lazarus (yes, I'm using 0.9.25 beta) and Built and RAN my
>> "Help Multitabbed Dialog" app -- it works fine now. So I quickly archived
>> the folder -- just in case... so that I have a working copy of it
>> archived!!! *SMILE*
>>

> The beauty is, that if you are creating GPL or other free software, you can
> use SVN yourself... and getting a working copy is very easy as well, and all
> the backups are kept by people who backup their databases regularly.
>
> There are loads of sites that allow you to do this, with SourceForge (
> www.sf.net) and GoogleCode (code.google.com) being only some of them.

I think that I would definitely like to somehow share my freeware open
source Lazarus projects with others. The thing is: I need a sort of dummy's
guide to doing this. And in particular how to use the SVN command to achieve
this.

Actually, I already have one of my projects, as Delphi 7 Second Edition code
(developed with M$ Windowz), called "Frog Retro Remake" game ver 1.3 (for
Windowz) on SourceForge. I've noticed that SourceForge has been sending
emails (to me) to tell me that they are re-designing their website... and
will be converting the current projects to the new website (I'm not sure of
the time-scale).

Is there a way of finding like-minded Lazarus programmers who would like to
share their open source projects?!? I know that this is an ambigious
question, but, what is the best approach to sharing code with others?!? ( I
persume with SVN command involved somehow ).

ps - My OS is now 100% Linux Kubuntu -- I've decided that I don't want to
have anything further to do with M$ Windowz -- e.g. I've given Windowz the
flick.... and I'm pretty happy with Linux Kubuntu now.

Best Regards & Wishing Everyone Happy Computing,
PEW   *SMILE*

> --
> o__
> ,_.>/ _
> ...speed is good

Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS
from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia -- phone (03) 6236-9675

My free website is: http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or)
http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)