[Lazarus] Mantis question

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 09:29:27 CEST 2008

Op donderdag 28-08-2008 om 15:21 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Howard
Lee Harkness:
> After several rounds of non-answers here (seems the developers just
> assume everybody else should know the internals of everything, which
> is not realistic),

Assuming that we can understand your problem without knowing the
internals of what you're doing is also not realistic. As I tried to
explain to you, I coudn't figure out what you were trying to do, and how
you tried it. In that case: we can't help you.

>  a member of the Lazarus forum posted the answer to this problem. The
> ApplyUpdates call can be placed in the "after" event handlers. Fairly
> simple, and in retrospect, fairly obvious.

So now I understand what your problem is: actually it's not a problem
with applyUpdates, but you want that it's called 'automagically'.

I think you'd better place the ApplyUpdates in the after-scroll event,
in that case. That's much easier. But your approach will also work.

This could also help: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

>  Meanwhile, I switched to PostgreSQL, and the components for that DB
> don't appear to have the same problem.

That's always a good idea. ;)

Joost.