[Lazarus] Word of warning when sharing code between Delphi and FPC

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 11:13:01 CEST 2008

2008/8/29 mitya boyarintsev <mityasoft at gmail.com>:
> how about, redirecting writeln's somethere in Delphi Debug mode?
>
> something like that. I'm not sure if it works

After thinking about it for a while it hit me!! The code I'm working
with is from the tiOPF project. It already has a solution via
tiLog('...message goes here...', lsDebug) calls.  tiOPF allows tiLog()
calls to output to Console, GUI or File without issues. lsDebug is one
of many log severity levels that can be set. Simply passing in a
different parameter to the program, different output methods can be
used. I can't believe I never thought of using that from the start -
so we learn.  :-)

Either way, for those developers not using tiOPF, be warned about the
global Debug define in D2007.

Regards,
 - Graeme -