[Lazarus] IDE doesn't start after build with lazbuild

Roland Turcan konf at rotursoft.sk
Fri Aug 29 14:24:41 CEST 2008

<<< 29.8.2008 14:04 - Mattias Gärtner "nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de" >>>
MG> Zitat von Roland Turcan <konf at rotursoft.sk>:

>> Hello lazarus project!
>>
>> When I build lazarus from actual SVN or older using by lazbuild, then
>> lazarus doesn't start.

MG> Open a terminal and start it there:
MG> cd path/to/lazarus
MG> ./lazarus.app/Contents/MacOS/lazarus

MG> What does it show?

That is the problem, I don't see anything. Computer gets slow and
process is loaded. I need to kill it.

Of course, I have checked files in lazarus.app and they are the same
as in lazarus' root dir.

>> When I try to build it using by "make clean
>> all", then IDE starts and I checked if there are any packages which
>> could make a trouble, but there are only default ones.
>> I've tried to delete all ~/.lazarus but no difference.

MG> Have you updated lazbuild?

MG> make lazbuilder

I did build many times with "make clean all" and explicitly "make
lazbuild".

I really have big headache from MacOS' version of FPC/Lazarus. I
cannot get rid of problems around porting to Mac.

Could you tell me, what I have to delete from MacOS 10.5 to clean
Lazarus/FPC out of computer completely, no settings, no units, no
symlinks, no executable and I will try to install all again. I really
think, that I did something wrong and that's the reason from these
troubles.

AFAYR, I didn't solve my problem with exception in FPC and I tried to
send two emails to Florian Kaempfl directly, but I got no answer from
him. I wanted to continue with porting to Mac, but...

>> I have tried to get older FPC and older Lazarus (about end of July),
>> but no difference.
>>
>> I am using MacOS X 10.5 PowerPC.

MG> Mattias

Thanks in advance.