[Lazarus] MYSQL setup

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue Dec 2 12:47:49 CET 2008

Op dinsdag 02-12-2008 om 20:17 uur [tijdzone +1030], schreef Eric March:
> I am guessing the SQLTransaction1 needs to be set to TRUE before I
> can
> set the SQLQuery1 properties.  I get (and expected) an error on
> SQLQuery1.

But you expected another error, that's why you dind't read it well. (Or
it's too cryptic)

> SQLQuery1 properties:
> Active = False  "True" gives error = "Transaction of connection not
> set" (Expected)

The connection also has a 'transaction' property. You haven't set that
one. In principle this isn't necessary if you set ParseSQL to false, ie:
make it readonly. But that's a different story.

That you can't make a transaction active is because MySQL don't support
transactions. But SQLDB enforce you to use them anyway. They are
useless, but they have to be there.

Joost.