[Lazarus] Free Pascal Update

Eric March sales at ebmpl.com.au
Mon Dec 8 10:08:38 CET 2008

Florian,

Thanks for the insightful comments.

Don't some of the game platforms have NDA's, developer fees, and
restrictions on distributing apps to those platforms? Do those
platforms present the same challenges that the iPhone does, or has
Apple introduced new challenges?

In the space of about two years, Apple has engineered an enormous new
"ecosystem" and they're obviously going to protect it fiercely. Some
of it I imagine just has to do with ensuring that the iPhone is never
associated with viruses and malware. Some probably is just Apple's
normal secrecy and paranoia (although just because you're paranoid
doesn't mean somebody's not after you).

I wish Windows Mobile and Linux the best, if only to keep Apple honest.

Thanks.

-Phil