[Lazarus] KOL socketclient object

User usuarioanonimomysql at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 20:43:59 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 14:21, Jesus Reyes <jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:

> Indeed it worked that way when custom columns (cc) were implemented, what I didn't like is that it may "cancel" cc without notice, for example when at design time a set of cc are set up and this is why it currently enforce the use of cc to change counts.
> But I don't really see a problem that colcount changes automatically the number of cc if there are some already, if there are no cc I think it should not add any, or what you think about it?

The problem I ran into was as follows:

SGrid.ColCount := 2;
SGrid.Columns[1].Alignment := taCenter; // Oops!

It is counter intuitive to me that the above code needs additional
call to SGrid.Columns.Add

So, IMO the correct solution would be to _remove_ SGrid.Columns.Add totally
and add/remove columns as needed when ColCount changes,
thus leaving a single well-defined interface without the possibility
of confusion.

However, this is not backwards-compatible... so, as a compromise,
perhaps Columns.Add should increase ColCount to keep both in sync?

--
Alexander S. Klenin
Insight Experts Ltd.