[Lazarus] TBitmapCanvas public

Coppola Ing. Salvatore coppolastudio at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:18:31 CET 2008

Mattias Gärtner wrote:
> Zitat von "Coppola Ing. Salvatore" <coppolastudio at gmail.com>:
>

>> [...]
>>>>>>
>> [...]
>>
>> There are some Printer Preview such as PagePrinter based on Windows
>> TMetafile and TMetafileCanvas. Replacing TMetafile with TBitmap and
>> TMetafileCanvas with TBitmapCanvas with some little change they can
>> works under Linux and other OS to.
>>

> What TMetafile do you mean?
> There is none in the LCL.

Yes I know, for instance there is the Luís Rodrigues TMetafile
(mymetafilepkg.lpk) in the CCR
that wrap the Windows EnhMetafile API (so Windows specific) and some
extra lazarus packages like PagePrinter uses Metafiles. Replacing
Metafile with Bitmap can remove this MS Windows API dependences. To do
this, TBitmapCanvas, should be visible in PagePrinter units by mean
Graphics unit.

Salvatore