[Lazarus] TAChart: Request to review/apply patch 12758

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 11:05:26 CET 2008

> I really wonder how a DVCS would solve this or what would be different?
> You just apply it to your local working copy and you've it in your builds?

Yes. The most important difference in this case is that DVCS
would preserve local history. This is similar to every developer having
his own branch in SVN (or even arbitrary number of local branches),
with merges being almost as trivial as SVN's commits.

I.e. my specific problem can be solved in SVN by creating a branch of TAChart
component and giving me commit access to it, but then
similar branch should be created for my patches to DBGrid,
and yet another one for patches to SynEdit (both stalled for about a month now),
etc.
Obviously, this is not a scalable solution for many developers ;-)

--
Alexander S. Klenin
Insight Experts Ltd.