[Lazarus] Mouse Link in SynEdit (only link-able items)

Martin Friebe lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Dec 12 20:20:12 CET 2008

Thanks for the patch, looks good to me.

A few things:
- Originally you had the condition "NewX1<>NewX2 " moved into
IsLinkable. Now it is omitted?
  May be right, because codetools may (or may not) return false for
those. Yet it means an unnecessary call to code tools.
- You probably accidentally included changes to the lfm file of
source-editor?

(I can both fix them in the current patch, no issue)

- The unlucky bit is that your patch gets affected by a known bug. if
you got a string with multibyte utf8 chars (like german umlauts) then
anythink behind the umlauts is not linkable.

This is already the case now (SynEdit does currently not follow valid
links, behind umlauts), so you patch isn't wrong. The issue is, I can
not test it, until I fixed the umlauts. I will see, if I can look at
this during the weekend.

- And last not least (not a stopper, but would be nice), the current
solution does call Codetools each time you move the mouse. It may be
possible for UpdateControlMouse to cache the boundaries of the current
linkable word, and trust this cache instead of calling codetools from
CalculateCtrlMouseLink again?

Best Regards
Martin