[Lazarus] Linking error

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Thu Dec 18 07:31:05 CET 2008

Diwakoe schreef:
> Dear all,
>
> Today I update my svn do make clean all success and lazarus running
> well. When I try to compile with blank form I got error when linking:
>
> Compiling unit1.pas
> Compiling resource C:\DOCUME~1\diwa\LOCALS~1\Temp\project1.rc
> c:\lazarus\fpc\2.2.2\bin\i386-win32\windres.exe: no resources
> project1.lpr(20,1) Error: Error while linking
> project1.lpr(20,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
>
> is there any miss configuration??

See: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=12645

windres or the way it is called cannot handle files in a path with
spaces or with ~ signs, so either set the directory for building test
projects in the environment options of Lazarus to a path without spaces
and ~ signs, or first save your project to such a path.

Vincent