[Lazarus] Systray application is started from Session in Gnome but it is invisible

Roland Turcan konf at rotursoft.sk
Thu Dec 18 22:38:05 CET 2008

Hello Felipe,

FMdC> What is "session" in gnome? it is started together with gnome?

Sessions are in Gnome for setting of application to be started with
user's session.

FMdC> I think that what happens is that when it starts the tray area isn't working yet

Of course, that this is the reason. But is it a bug of Gnome or LCL?
KDE doesn't have this problem.

FMdC> No, this will be useless.

Yes are right, I did it and no difference.

FMdC> Please try an older lazarus revision, for example 17600

FMdC> svn up -r 17600

I will try it. But I think, that I started to write this small app
with older Lazarus (AFAIR from september) and it was the same.
Therefore I tried to get fresh svn.

---

My temporary solution, because of time pressure:

I used the timer which I anyway have on my invisible form to hide and
show trayicon in first 5 minutes every minute. I know, that to repeat
it 5 times is not really necessary, but for slower computers. ;-)

TRoland;

<<< 18.12.2008 22:18 - Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho "felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com" >>>
FMdC> What is "session" in gnome? it is started together with gnome?

FMdC> I think that what happens is that when it starts the tray area isn't working yet

>> but I think, for this problem is TTrayIcon, because it could show me
>> any window which is shown using by timer. I will try to get up-to-date
>> fpc too from SVN and I will inform you.

FMdC> No, this will be useless.

--
Best regards, TRoland