[Lazarus] Cannot read symbolic link /proc/PID/exe: No such file or directory

Roland Turcan konf at rotursoft.sk
Tue Dec 23 00:29:32 CET 2008

On 22 Dec 2008, at 14:53, EarMaster - Bent Olsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some month ago someone gave me a tip how to avoid problems with
> divisions by
> zero, and on PowerPC we are using:
>
>  SetExceptionMask([exInvalidOp, exDenormalized, exZeroDivide,
> exOverflow,
> exUnderflow, exPrecision]);
>
> This fixed some problem we had months back, but now we get a similar
> problem
> with couple of users, which reports the application will not start
> (just
> bouncing in the dock and disappears).
>
> When we guide these users to start the application from a Terminal,
> the
> result is:
>
> [FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred
>  Sender=EDivByZero
>  Exception=Division by zero
>  Stack trace:
> [FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred
>

> The application is otherwise very stable on i386 and most PPC we have
> tested, and this only occurs on PowerPC (I believe).
>
> Has anybody experienced the same problem? And are there any settings
> we
> should be aware of in a forms resource file, which could cause a
> problem
> creating a form?

I had a div zero problem on a program compiled and running on an
intelmac under 10.5 when run on a ppc G4 10.5.
It seemed to occur when a file was opened using reset(infile,1). The
solution was to bracket the reset with an explicit setting of the
filemode variable:-

     assignfile(infile,selectedfile);
     oldfilemode:=filemode;
     filemode:=read_only;
     reset(infile,1);
     filemode:=oldfilemode;

Happily the modified program also runs on the intelmac.

Geoffrey