[Lazarus] fpimage use of Lazarus

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Feb 16 18:33:43 CET 2008

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 05:35:13PM +0100, Marco van de Voort wrote:

Addition to self:

I've studied intfgraphics some more and my scheme means that maybe some
lazarus specific tricks need less lazarus specific implementation

The lazarus fpcustomimage derivative can communicate with the reader via the
supportbmp the results of bpp for getDescriptionFromDevice(0).

It seems the description is mainly about

function BytesPerLine: PtrUInt;
function BitsPerLine: PtrUInt;
function MaskBytesPerLine: PtrUInt;
function MaskBitsPerLine: PtrUInt;

mask support is not needed in bpp. Bytesperline is probably a similar
crucial param as bpp, so I propose to pull this into fpimage too. (supports
(var bpp, var bytesperline));

Long term, maybe the lazarus specific part gets a bit thinner then, and
properly refactored between general usable and not. Maybe a precursor of the
laz xpm/bmp readers (with custom "tree" pallete) could go into fpimage, and
keep descendants with the more lazarus specific bits in lcl.