[Lazarus] SynEdit scrollbars don't seem to work either.

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Mon Feb 18 00:15:47 CET 2008

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:57:08 -0500
> Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>
>> Couldn't get TMemo to stop acting with wordwrap (WordWrap := false)
>> regardless of the settings.
>
> WordWrap=false
> Scrollbars=ssBoth

Thanks, I tried that.  In the IDE at design time, I can see the scrollbars, but
when I run the project, only the vertical scrollbar is displayed and the
WordWrap is in effect though I did set it to false both at design time and in
the form's Create event.  Adding text past the visible portion of the memo
causes editing to wrap to the next line instead of forcing the horizontal
scrollbar to appear and my precious scrolling to ensue ;)

> Some widgetsets (e.g. gtk2) have not yet implemented changing the
> properties, so you must close the form and open it again to see the
> effect.

It's WinXP, lazarus 0.9.24.

> How did you manage that?
> Scrollbars in TSynEdit do work as you can see in the IDE.

I know <g>.  I figured SynEdit works in the IDE so it was a good (and actually
better) alternative for the type of data the user must enter.

I'll play around with it some more, failing that I'll upgrade from svn and see
if that helps.

Thanks again.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."