[Lazarus] SynEdit scrollbars don't seem to work either.

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Mon Feb 18 00:28:04 CET 2008

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:57:08 -0500
> Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>
>> Couldn't get TMemo to stop acting with wordwrap (WordWrap := false)
>> regardless of the settings.
>
> WordWrap=false
> Scrollbars=ssBoth
>
> Some widgetsets (e.g. gtk2) have not yet implemented changing the
> properties, so you must close the form and open it again to see the
> effect.
>

>> So I tried TSynEdit and that is worse since the scrollbars are not
>> painting correctly.  (See attached.)
>
> How did you manage that?
> Scrollbars in TSynEdit do work as you can see in the IDE.

Thanks again everyone.  I tried deleting the TMemo on the form completely,
rebuilding then replace TMemo, set properties and it working now.

As a side note, I had something similar happen a few days ago where after siting
a control the form, referring to it a runtime resulted in "Object idents no
members....".  Recompiling, rebuilding..nothing worked, but deleting the
component, rebuilding and resiting the component again.  Not sure if it's related.

Not sure what cause the problem with the SynEdit component not painting the
scrollbars correctly.  I just set the properties and ran the project so nothing
special there.

At any rate, its working.  Thanks for your replies.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."