[Lazarus] WinCE: LCL bugs?

zaher dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 01:40:55 CET 2008

I Use this to fit in the screen.

-----------
procedure Resize; override;

procedure TForm1.Resize;
var
  r:TRect;
begin
  inherited Resize;
  {$IFDEF WINCE}
  SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWORKAREA, 0, @r, 0);
//  r := Rect(0, 0, GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXFULLSCREEN) ,
GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYFULLSCREEN));
  ClientHeight := GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYFULLSCREEN);
  ClientWidth := GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXFULLSCREEN) +
GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXBORDER) * 2;
//  BoundsRect := r;
  {$ENDIF}
end;
-------------

On Feb 18, 2008 12:19 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <
felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2008 10:51 PM, denisgolovan <denisgolovan at yandex.ru> wrote:
> > When I build for wince on linux using arm-wince crosscompiler,
> everything seem to be ok. Except main window height(it is too large)
>
> Define too large. We just use what WindowsCE offer as default for us.
> >From wincewsforms.pp:
>
>    if (BorderStyle <> bsDialog) and (BorderStyle <> bsNone) then
>    begin
>      Left:=CW_USEDEFAULT;
>      Top:=CW_USEDEFAULT;
>      Height:=CW_USEDEFAULT;
>      Width:=CW_USEDEFAULT;
>    end
>    else
>      //TODO:little bit dirty but works, why the captionbar height is
> taken from height ? what flag does that ?
>      Height := Height+25;
>
> > and close button(application just disappears and hangs).  Maybe some
> workaround?
>
> How do you know it hangs?
>
> The close button doesn't kill the application because Windows CE
> doesn't want it (it doesn't send a WM_CLOSE message). If you want to
> kill the app set a OnClose event handler and use
> Application.Terminate.
>
> There is some discussion to change that, but no working alternative
> was found yet.
>
> > PocketPC - A63x architecture (ARM, of course), FPC 2.3.1 svn, Lazarus
> svn.
>
> I see you are using subversion, and that's very oportune, because I
> did a lot of changes very recently and having someone that can test
> them is great =)
>
> For example the wince interface should now be fully unicode. I also
> fixed getting system default colors.
>
> thanks,
> --
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho