[Lazarus] [lazarus] Patch for processing WM_COPYDATA in Win32 / BugID 9210

Christian U. z0m3ie at gmx.net
Mon Feb 18 08:32:59 CET 2008

> If you want to use WM_COPYDATA messages on windows, you can add your own
> windows handler with windows.setwindowlong. No need to polute own
> LCL-message handler with it.

We want to be Delphi comaptible, right ???
And i dont know if this is real an pollution, i suggest to transfer all
unknown Messages to the Application so we never have the problem and its
no overhead for the lcl.

> Let's keep the LCL win32 widgetset interface clean and just add things
> that are used by the LCL and keep custom extension outside it.

Then please remove the WM_USER message support.
We cannot decide one time for something and next ime for another.

best reagrds
Christian