[Lazarus] WinCE: LCL bugs?

denisgolovan denisgolovan at yandex.ru
Mon Feb 18 08:56:01 CET 2008

> Define too large. We just use what WindowsCE offer as default for us.

  I decided you better watch yourself :). See attachment
  At the bottom, AFAIU, there is a horizontal scrollbar, but system bottom panel (I don't know panel name :)) is half visible (rather strange effect)

>> and close button(application just disappears and hangs).  Maybe some workaround?
>How do you know it hangs?

  Well, I hardly can close it using WinCE Task Manager.

>The close button doesn't kill the application because Windows CE
>doesn't want it (it doesn't send a WM_CLOSE message). If you want to
>kill the app set a OnClose event handler and use
>Application.Terminate.

Tried:
procedure TForm1.FormClose(Sender: TObject; var CloseAction: TCloseAction);
begin
  Application.Terminate;
end;

... but no use. Again window just disappears and application stays running.

>There is some discussion to change that, but no working alternative
>was found yet.

>I see you are using subversion, and that's very oportune, because I
>did a lot of changes very recently and having someone that can test
>them is great =)

  Glad to help :)

>For example the wince interface should now be fully unicode.

 Well, than, maybe, something must be done to Lazarus application codepage, because using russian chars in panel caption gives only "unpleasant" symbols :). Again see screenshot :)

>I also fixed getting system default colors.

 Colors seem ok.

P.S. Ctrl+F9, Ctrl+F2 and so on shortcuts still do not work :( (Lazarus GTK interface). People say, something in system settings. Somebody help :)

Regards,
Denis