[Lazarus] WinCE: LCL bugs?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 09:13:27 CET 2008

2008/2/18 denisgolovan <denisgolovan at yandex.ru>:
>   I decided you better watch yourself :). See attachment
>   At the bottom, AFAIU, there is a horizontal scrollbar, but system bottom panel (I don't know panel name :)) is half visible (rather strange effect)

I don't use wince a lot (I don't really have a device). Do other
applications cover that bottom panel or do they leave it intact?

> ... but no use. Again window just disappears and application stays running.

But that is what Windows CE wants ... I think that OnClose also isn't
called because Windows CE won't send a WM_CLOSE message unless you are
out of memory.

Some people want the app to do like WinCE wants, then we need to
provide a mechanism to detect on startup if another instance is
already running and wake up the old instance instead of running a new
one if so.

Some people want the app to do like on other widgetsets: just close.
Then we need an way to detect that. WM_CLOSE doesn't work. And we also
need a mechanism to override that.

>  Well, than, maybe, something must be done to Lazarus application codepage, because using russian chars in panel caption gives only "unpleasant" symbols :). Again see screenshot :)

Rebuild your IDE using gtk2 to develop on a unicode environment:

cd lazarus
make clean all LCL_PLATFORM=gtk2

Gtk 1 will never be a unicode widgetset because it has inconsistent
internationalization support:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_known_issues_%28things_that_will_never_be_fixed%29#Inconsistent_internationalization_support

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho