[Lazarus] [lazarus] Patch for processing WM_COPYDATA in Win32 / BugID 9210

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Mon Feb 18 09:18:35 CET 2008

Christian U. schreef:
>> If you want to use WM_COPYDATA messages on windows, you can add your own
>> windows handler with windows.setwindowlong. No need to polute own
>> LCL-message handler with it.
>>
> We want to be Delphi comaptible, right ???

No. To a certain height, we want the LCL to be *VCL* compatible. Currently LCL
doesn't need handling of WM_COPYDATA, so no need to let the interface send it to the
LCL.

> And i dont know if this is real an pollution, i suggest to transfer all
> unknown Messages to the Application so we never have the problem and its
> no overhead for the lcl.

That would break the LCL, removing or not adding WM_COPYDATA would not.
I do suggest to create component specific windowproc and move all relevant parts to
that. But that is a different subject.

>> Let's keep the LCL win32 widgetset interface clean and just add things
>> that are used by the LCL and keep custom extension outside it.
>>
> Then please remove the WM_USER message support.
> We cannot decide one time for something and next ime for another.

That would be my favorite too.

Vincent