[Lazarus] TSimpleIPC documentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 07:55:59 CET 2008

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> I think we should apply the WM_COPYDATA patch.

I don't agree on that.

The messages received by the LCL are for VCL compatebility only. That
they happen to have the same values as the messages the win32 widgetset
uses is just a "coincidence"
Like we won't pass all events/signals/messages available for
carbon/gtk/qt, we won't pass all for win32.
For the simple reason that messages are not cross platform.

I agree that we should think of a way that users can simply hook into
the main message/event/signal loop it they want to write an app specific
for one widgetset.
Adding all these messages/evets/signals to the LCL is not the way to do
this.

Marc