[Lazarus] How to capture DirectShow Overlays from Players/Games

Razvan Adrian Bogdan lightningflash at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:54:22 CET 2008

On 19/02/2008, Mattias Gärtner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> .po files can be compiled in. Either via lrs or resources.
> OTOH a library should load the translations on start.
> So the compiled .po files can be used as nice default. But you get into trouble
> if the library gets successful and translated to many languages. So loading
> support is a must for a good library.

Umm, I'll look into the compiled in .po files.  Loading at runtime
always sounds good, but I don't think fpGUI can be considered as a
library yet.  To me a library is a .dll or .so file. fpGUI is a
package of units compiled into a executable.

I don't really know what is the advantages of making fpGUI into a
library (eg fpgui.dll or fpgui.so file) compared to a nice single
executable.

> Don't use custom abbreviations. When the library grows then 'greek' might be
> added and you get into naming trouble. (And germans start searching for de, not
> gr)

Oops, that was a oversight! Thanks for pointing it out. My intension
was to use standardized 2 char language abbreviations.

Regards,
  - Graeme -