[Lazarus] [lazarus] Patch for processing WM_COPYDATA in Win32 / BugID 9210

Lukas Gradl lazarus at ssn.at
Tue Feb 19 12:19:35 CET 2008

Marc Weustink schrieb:
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
>> I think we should apply the WM_COPYDATA patch.
>
> I don't agree on that.
>
> The messages received by the LCL are for VCL compatebility only. That
> they happen to have the same values as the messages the win32 widgetset
> uses is just a "coincidence"
> Like we won't pass all events/signals/messages available for
> carbon/gtk/qt, we won't pass all for win32.
> For the simple reason that messages are not cross platform.
>
> I agree that we should think of a way that users can simply hook into
> the main message/event/signal loop it they want to write an app specific
> for one widgetset.
> Adding all these messages/evets/signals to the LCL is not the way to do
> this.

Speaking of that specific WM_COPYDATA patch we're talking about:
That patch only influences the Win32-part of the LCL and not the
carbon/gtk/qt-part.

What I don't understand is, why the LCL eats up messages at all - IMHO
it should handle the messages it knows and leave all others untouched.

regards
Lukas

--

software security networks