[Lazarus] TSimpleIPC documentation

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Feb 19 19:57:57 CET 2008

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:32:01 +0100
"Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho" <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2008 11:30 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm sure others will complain, but heres another though. :) What if
> > you do the search at Lazarus startup.
>
> No way! If that is done it must be optional and off by default. My
> time is precious and I can't waste 1 minute (on a fast computer) every
> time I start my IDE.

The 1 minute is only on slow computers. On fast computers it can be
less than 5 secs.
You can get an approximation for your computer:
- use a recent lazarus from svn
- View / Code Browser / Scope / Lazarus IDE and check 'View required
packages'. The window feels a bit sloppy because it scans on
idle.

This is only an upper bound, because the code browser reads
*all* identifiers (e.g. together with procedure parameters) and fills
the 100-200 thousand identifiers into a TTreeView. This is not needed
for a simple search.

Mattias