[Lazarus] Opinions required on what the ReadOnly property should do for LCL controls.

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 12:35:59 CET 2008

On 22/02/2008, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>  Using enabled for 'readonly' is not correct, since the control is shown
>  differently (grayed-out) when it is not enabled, and that is not the
>  intention.

I agree, 'readonly' is a different state to 'enabled=false'.  Maybe
all components should point a little icon over a readonly component,
like Gnome's Nautilus does? :) See attached screenshot.

I have never seen a widgetset do that on components, but wonder how
the users would react to seeing that? Umm...

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/