[Lazarus] Installation using MacPorts

Damien Gerard milipili at shikami.org
Fri Feb 29 01:06:04 CET 2008

Le Feb 28, 2008 à 9:50 PM, Tobias Giesen a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> thanks to Damien for the MacPorts hint. I have been able to delete
> Fink and install MacPorts and do
> sudo /opt/local/bin/port install gtk1
> sudo /opt/local/bin/port install gdk-pixbuf
>
> But Lazarus still does not load from within X11. What else do I need
> to install?
>

> Damien, you wrote:
> "In the same way if you use the terminal you can make a "sudo port
> install binutils" right before."

It is only to have better command line utilities and it is completly
optional.

> What does this mean? Do I have to install the binutils? Right before
> what? In what same way? I don't understand this sentence ...

Sorry

I have just recompile lazarus under Leopard using GTK2 but the
exception that I have already noticed a few month ago remains.
Shani [milipili] ~/Projects/lazarus % /usr/local/share/lazarus/
lazarus
                                                                                                                                                            Err
  1 #15
TApplication.IconChanged - TODO: convert this message...no
implementation in gtk or win32
[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred
   Sender=EAccessViolation
   Exception=Access violation
   Stack trace:
   $00000000 of laz_xmlstreaming.pascodeexplopts.pas
TApplication.HandleException Access violation
   Stack trace:
   $00000000 of laz_xmlstreaming.pascodeexplopts.pas
The program 'lazarus' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadImplementation (server does not implement operation)'.
   (Details: serial 359 error_code 17 request_code 20 minor_code 0)
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

So I think you should use the carbon widgetset :)
If you use it, you should change first the font of the editor to
'monaco'.

For information, if you want to compile Lazarus with gtk2 you should
read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GTK2_Interface#Using_the_Gtk2_interface_under_Mac_OS_X
.
However I made my own script to compile Lazarus under OS X.

--
Damien Gerard
milipili at shikami.org

Le temps n'a pas d'importance. Seul le code est important
    -- (f00ty)