[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE work and future

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Jul 9 15:38:08 CEST 2008

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Getting corporate sponsorship in the form of dedicated developers
> would obviously be great, but what do they get out of the deal if they
> don't use Lazarus itself?  If we could find corporates that do use
> Free Pascal or Lazarus, then maybe one can negotiate.  Other than
> that, it's going to be a hard sell.

Well, if there would be enough donations, then one could use
rent-a-coder or something like it to put some programmers to work.

I think that for projects such as Lazarus and FPC, this is a more realistic
approach.

Of course, this is all modulo having a structure for donations, and having
enough donations :-)

Michael.