[Lazarus] TCombobox major failure :(

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Thu Jul 10 05:13:59 CEST 2008

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:
> Mattias Gärtner wrote:
>
>> I don't know if the OnChange is wrong or the OnSelect<>nil test is wrong.
>> gtk1 does not send LMSELCHANGE events, so there the case does not happen.

Gtk1 still sends LM_SELCHANGE (that is mapped to OnChange at LCL level).
Currently it does not send LM_CHANGED by a patch done by you (rev
10767). Maybe this code does not work for gtk2 (or the message is coming
for elsewhere). Not sure since i'm on a win32 machine now.

Some info on what all of this is about here:
http://lazarusroad.blogspot.com/2006/12/eliminating-duplicate-events-of.html

> The call to OnChange if Select is nil is Delphi compatible. Currently
> LCL win32 is fully compatible with Delphi regarding this issue.
>
> There's a lengthy bug report about this
> (http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=1495). See comment 0002113 to
> the Delphi behavior i described.
>
> This bug was fixed some time ago so its a regression. Revising the
> changes done at that time can lead to the fix (i also provided a patch
> but Matias used another approach).

Two changes related are at revision 10767 (see above) and 10993
(unlikely to be the cause)

I can take a look at this issue but only in the next Sunday.

Luiz