[Lazarus] Unicode and DBAware

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 00:44:57 CEST 2008

Hello Joost,

JvdS> You could override the TDataset.DataConvert procedure or the
JvdS> TDataset.Translate procedure and set the Transliterate property to true
JvdS> of the TStringFields of which you want to convert the data.

JvdS> If you e.g. use a TSQLQuery, you can add your own
JvdS> TTransSQLQuery=class(TSQLQuery) and override one of the above
JvdS> procedures.

Hmmm... it sounds interesting and "quite" simple to transform in full
unicode when the DB be upgraded to unicode too.

This means that I must create my own visual object derived from i.e.
TSQLQuery and add it to the lazarus components, but at least looks
like a good option if I'm not able to find a "automagical" way to do
it without special components.

A lot of thanks.

--
Best regards,