[Lazarus] Unicode and DBAware

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 20:06:50 CEST 2008

Hello,

I had found part of my problems with the ISO8859-1 database and
DBAware components, to be more precise the problem of empty strings
when original data are not empty. The problem is the Utf8ToUnicode in
the fpc RTL as this function when found an invalid UTF8 sequence
(because it was originally "codedpage") it simply returns '' without
any kind of "visual" notification like the usual '????' strings.

I know that an invalid UTF8 sequence ruins the whole string and I do
not know if should be desirable to continue parsing adding a mask char
like the '?' one.

PS: Maybe this discussion should be moved to the FPC list ?

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun