[Lazarus] unable to rebuild lazarus

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jul 25 23:14:58 CEST 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:07:22 -0400
"Bob K." <rkamarowski at yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I attempt to build my project I'm getting the message:
>
> C:\Photography\Software\Lazarus\rakphotography.lpr(6,28) Fatal: Can't
> find unit Interfaces used by rakphotography

Did you add the LCL as dependency in the project inspector?
Did you compile the LCL?
Are you cross compiling?
Did you try to compile with -vu -vt?

> When I attempt to run my project I'm getting the message:
>
> "Compiling package rx 1.0" completed
> "Compiling package rxnew 1.1.5.98" completed
> "Compiling package zcore 6.6.2" completed
> "Compiling package zplain 6.6.2" completed
> "Compiling package zparsesql 6.6.2" completed
> "Compiling package zdbc 6.6.2" completed
> "Compiling package zcomponent 6.6.2" completed
> rakphotography.lpr(17,1) Error: Can't create object file:
> rakphotography.exe
> rakphotography.lpr(17,1) Fatal: Can't create
> executable rakphotography.exe

Maybe the program is still running? Windows locks executables during
run.

> If I Build Lazarus with my project open, I rebuilds to completion but
> my project still does not build or run.
>
> If I Build Lazarus with no projects open I get the following message:
>
>[...]C:\lazarus\ide\startlazarus.lpr(51,1) Error: Can't create
> object file: ...\startlazarus.exe

You can not build startlazarus while it is running. And you don't need
to.

> C:\lazarus\ide\startlazarus.lpr(51,1) Fatal: Can't create
> executable ...\startlazarus.exe

Mattias