[Lazarus] Unicod(ed) PAS files in IDE editor

Andrey Gusev ag888 at rambler.ru
Fri Jun 6 12:03:54 CEST 2008

* Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> [Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:52:52
+0200]:
> On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:47:53 +0400
> Andrey Gusev <ag888 at rambler.ru> wrote:
>
> > My sources contain many (too many) string constants encoded in
Win1251
> > codepage.
> > Being translated to Unicode such source files can't shown accurately
> > in IDE editor
> > on my Russia-localized WinXP-box.
>
> You can see more output about encoding when you compile the IDE with
> -dVerboseIDEEncoding
>
> Open the 1251 file and take a look at
> source editor / Popup menu / File Settings / Encoding /
> Is the 1251 marked or UTF8?

IDE correctly recognize source file encodings, take both my cases: 1251
and UTF-8.

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > What font are you currently using?
> >
> > "Lucida console" was used.
> > It works fine now - source file was translated uncorrectly.
>
> Can you give some hints, what you did wrong and how you solved the
> problem, so this info can be added to the wiki?

Doubdtly, that it will be useful or hintable (for all), it was taken
SuperEdi for translation,
in it it's easy to get confused (he don't recognize loaded file encoding
automatically).

***
That's great - IDE can eat mixed-encoded sources and have no
interference
between parts!
I have LFM that 1251-coded and it's PAS that Uni-coded - ant it works
fine.
This approach will kept in the future ?