[Lazarus] Printer margins

Jesus Reyes jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx
Mon Jun 9 23:02:05 CEST 2008

--- Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com>
escribió:

> Hello,
>
> Reminder.

I was also expecting feedback from other users and then forgot about
it, sorry.

> Who is responsible for the printer subsystem?

Normally that would be me, at least for the OS's I normally use.

> thanks,
>
> Felipe
>
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
> <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok, thanks, that works nicely, but you have to guess the paper
> being used.
> >
> > If we are using a TPrintDialog then the user should be able to
> select
> > the target paper and margins in the TPrintDialog.
> >
> > So maybe some way to get the paper name is missing from
> TPrintDialog,
> > or even better, get all margins form there.

If we are talking about standard dialogs here, then we are out of
luck, standard TPrinterDialog has no direct paper select
capabilities, however if when using TPrinterDialog you click printer
properties and select a paper in printer properties dialog, that
choice should be honoured, if not you have found a bug.

I don't know if this apply to all applications but usually printing
takes two optional steps, in step one you select printer properties
using TPrinterSetupDialog (which normally have printer and direct
paper selecting capabilities, BTW, you can use this instead of
TPrinterDialog if you don't need page range selection), and step 2,
where you select page range printing using TPrinterDialog.

At least this is my understanding, it would be nice to hear from
other users what are their expectatives.

Jesus Reyes A.