[Lazarus] Printer margins

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 00:18:43 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Jesus Reyes <jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:
> If we are talking about standard dialogs here, then we are out of
> luck, standard TPrinterDialog has no direct paper select
> capabilities, however if when using TPrinterDialog you click printer
> properties and select a paper in printer properties dialog, that
> choice should be honoured, if not you have found a bug.

Indeed. The cause of the bug is that people under Delphi use Windows
API to get the margins, and here we need a cross-platform solution
which currently doesn't exist.

> I don't know if this apply to all applications but usually printing
> takes two optional steps, in step one you select printer properties
> using TPrinterSetupDialog (which normally have printer and direct
> paper selecting capabilities, BTW, you can use this instead of
> TPrinterDialog if you don't need page range selection), and step 2,
> where you select page range printing using TPrinterDialog.
>
> At least this is my understanding, it would be nice to hear from
> other users what are their expectatives.

Under Mac OS X only 1 dialog makes everything.

Ummm .... 2 dialogs that can set the paper .... where should the
margin properties go?

Also, I just thougth now that we also need to get the default paper
even if we don't use any dialog.

So maybe a function in Printers or something like that could return the margins?

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho