[Lazarus] Compile Error Latest SVN

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sun Jun 15 16:33:21 CEST 2008

Maxim Ganetsky wrote:

>>> It compiles for me, so I think you have a configuration problem.
>>>
>> I'm not what more I can do except set the following properties in Environment >
>> Environment Settings:
>>
>> - Compiler Path
>> - FPC Source Directory
>> - Make Path
>>
>> I've tried 2.2.0 which produces the error with "GetUserDir" not found error.
>>
>> I've tried 2.2.1 which is the same above.
>>
>> I've tried 2.2.3 which instead says it cannot find the Contnrs unit, which I've
>> now idea how that is possible since its sitting right there in the folder
>> M:\fpc\2.2.3\source\packages\fcl-base\src.  I have "FPC Source Directory"
>> pointing to M:\fpc\2.2.3\source.
>>
>> Now, I haven't used Lazarus in about a month and the only thing I did was write
>> click on my lazarus source folder and tell Tortoise SVN to download the latest
>> sources.
>>
>> Before I did that, I could build my IDE with either 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 of FPC.  Now,
>> I can't build it with any of the above.
>>
>> I'm not sure which or even how the configuration could be a problem unless there
>> are more settings to change/set those that I have mentioned above, which are the
>> only ones I've ever changed in the past.
>
> How do you recompile your IDE? If you do it from command line then check
> your PATH environment variable, otherwise setting the properties you
> mentioned should be enough.

A While ago I followed the instructions on the wiki for compiling lazarus from
sources on windows.  Since then, I would just use tortoise svn to update my
sources and recompile from the IDE using the build commands with everything
checked to be maked, cleaned and built.

This worked up until the last svn update I did a couple days ago.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee