[Lazarus] Color setup of the Form1: TForm1

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Jun 17 19:43:46 CEST 2008

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 15:33:37 +0200
"Graeme Geldenhuys" <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/06/2008, Paul Csanyi <csanyipal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> >  System: Debian GNU/Linux Etch.
> >
> >  Lazarus version 0.9.24 beta Date: 5-11-07 SVN Revision: exported
> >  i386-linux-gtk.
> >
> >  In a new application created with Lazarus I setup Color for the
> > Form1: TForm1, but in the Form1 Window there the color don't change.
> >
> >  I run the application with F9 but the Color don't change.
> >  Why don't change the Color that was setup in the Object Inspector?
> >  Any advices will be appreciated!
>

> See the url below.  It's what I call a major flaw in LCL. What you
> (and I a year ago) are trying to do, only works under Windows. On
> other platforms, such a 'supposed to be simple' feature will not be
> implemented.
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_known_issues_%28things_that_will_never_be_fixed%29

I don't see TForm.Color on that page, only TButton.Color and
TBitBtn.Color. And for good reason.

Fact is that TForm.Color is difficult to implement. For example there
were at least 3 tries for the gtk interface, none worked good. The
fourth try comes today - we will see.

And it's true that many developers think, that TForm.Color
should be avoided in almost all cases for one reason or the other and
therefore implementing TForm.Color has low priority.

But afaik no one said, that it will never or should not be implemented
(except for some people on the gtk lists).

Mattias