[Lazarus] Color setup of the Form1: TForm1

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 14:17:48 CEST 2008

> Like I said, it's fairly easy to fool 90% of the people out there and
> many high profile applications like MS Office, Windows Media Player
> don't adhere to the OS look & feel and nobody complains about them! A
> custom toolkit can be design to fake the native look depending on
> which platform it runs under. Qt is a case in point.

Honestly I think that Windows Media Player and MS Office look crap,
and their wierd looks just confuse me and make their use problematic.

But there do is a point here. If Microsoft openly ignores all their
GUI guidelines, why should we follow them?

But not everything is Windows. When you go to Mac OS X you will see
that you will sudenly need native menus, immitating the native look
will get much harder, and custormers will actually pay attention to
it.

Under Windows CE you also need native menus, which are very hard to
implement. Here I can see some advantages of non-native looks. Some
native controls under Windows CE look crap. TPageControl has almost no
border ...

Under Linux there is no guideline at all, so that's the best place for fpgui.

Further, there is one advantage of native gui: accessibility. The user
changes it's Windows settings and all software adjusts to it, colors
change, fonts get bigger, etc. Does fpgui respect that?

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho