[Lazarus] Need some help with UpdateSQL in TSQLQuery and TMySQL50Connection

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sun Jun 22 15:48:04 CEST 2008

Op zaterdag 21-06-2008 om 14:04 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Howard Lee
Harkness:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl>
> wrote:
>         Op zaterdag 14-06-2008 om 16:06 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef
>         Howard Lee
>         Harkness:
>
>         > However, it doesn't seem to matter what I put in for
>         nbDelete. I
>         > always get the error "There are no fields found to generate
>         the
>         > where-clause" if I do ApplyUpdates for nbDelete. If I put
>         nothing in
>         > there, the field appears to be deleted, but it is still in
>         the table,
>         > and comes back to the grid when I press "refresh".
>

> Yes, and yes. See the code that I posted at the beginning of the
> thread -- if you see a problem with the code , please tell me what I'm
> doing wrong, or not doing right. There is definitely something wrong
> with it, because it doesn't work. If I left something out, tell me and
> I can just zip up the whole project and email it to you.

Sorry, but with the code you've sent, it's truely impossible to get the
error-message you claim that you got. There even is no 'ApplyUpdates' in
your code. That code is completely irrelevent - it's the code of an empy
program.

Please, don't send puzzles to us, we can't help you if you do.

For an example look at the fpc-code: packages/fcl-db/sqldb/examples

Joost.